Monday, December 19, 2011

Fluoride warning at local grocery store

I had to run into the store super quick on Sunday after church, and these WARNING signs caught my eye.  I was thinking...NO WAY!!!  I am still in disbelief that they are hanging there, but thrilled.  I am not the only one in the world who is concern about what is in our water.  OK, obviously I am not the only one, but sometimes it sure feels that way!

I whipped out my camera and started snapping.  People were staring at me like my hair was on fire and my big guy was like, "MOM!"  Ha!  I remember when I was a kid, there were times I was embarrassed of something my parents did in public. 





I first touched on my feeling and beliefs about the use of fluoride and fluoridated water here.  Shorty after writing that post, we ordered up one of those fancy water filters that filters out fluoride.  Every time I read about the awful effects of consuming fluoride, I am so thankful we have the water filter now.

I am so fortunate that my husband and I are on the same page with these issues as it would be extremely difficult to raise kids with a certain level of scrutiny without the support of your spouse!

If you're the least bit interested or curious, check out some of the links below.   Do your own research so that you can make an informed decision for you and your family. 






I was very curious about who had put the fliers up in the store.  Was it the employees?  The suppliers?  A concerned consumer?  So, I asked!  The very nice woman in customer service told me that they (management) are fully aware of the signs and that they believe that it is a consumer who continues to tape the signs up.  She referred to the person as a "him", which leads me to believe that they may know who it is.  She also told me that they don't remove the signs after he hangs them.  Interesting!  I told her that I was elated about the signs and that more people should be aware of the dangers of fluoride. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw the signs at the store also and I will testify that they are effective! I bought water with fluoride for my daughter after my dentist recommended it being unaware of the dangers of it. You'd think my dentist should have known! I bought regular water that day instead and now I no longer buy the fluoride water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad, Dina! I wish more signs were posted around the store...lol! Obviously a bad marketing idea, but it would be informative for those of us who try to use more natural products.
    Merry Chrismtas!

    ReplyDelete