Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Creating Christmas- Day three: Gift Giving and a WINNER!!



I love giving (and getting) food gifts at Christmas.  I really enjoy cooking and sharing my goodies with others, which means that every year force it on my friends and family by giving it to them for Christmas!

You can really make your gift stand out by embellishing and decorating it to suite your style or the style of the recipient.  Giving a gift of cookies in a plain box is fine, but not great!  Take a look at my example of my gift box "up-do".

plain and kind of ugly box


the gathering begins
Go around and collect a small amount of ribbon, material scraps, string, paper tags, embellishments, and etc.  All in coordinating colors, of course!  Then get creative...

Here is how it turns out... 


Much more appealing than the plain while box!
 All of my paper crafts are usually inspired by my mom, who is a super-talented scrapbooker (although she doesn't seem to know it)!  Check out this winter picture and matching hanger she made of my big guy, when he was little.  Aww!



Now on to the most exciting news of the day, which is of course, the winner of my first-ever giveaway! 

And the winner is...
 
True Random Number Generator
Min:
Max:
Result: 3
Powered by RANDOM.ORG


Julianne from Sew Fantastic made the 3rd comment! Yeah! 

Well, have a wonderful Tuesday! I hope to see you here tomorrow with more for Creating Christmas by The Girl Creative!


2 comments:

  1. This is a fun gift box! The little tag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited i won! Let me know if you didn't get my email

    Julianne
    www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete