Sunday, December 4, 2011

Creating Christmas- Day ONE: Wreath



Hello lovelies!  I am co-hosting Creating Christmas with The Girl Creative here until December 10th.  Now that is a lot of creating, for sure! 

First up is my Christmas Wreath!

When I made my 4th of July wreath, I spent at least 4 or 5 hours on it.  For this Christmas wreath I was looking to make it simple, spending a little less time while still making it really cute and appealing.

Here it is...


Wrap wreath with burlap.  Add Velcro to 1/4 of it, if you'd like to make it a seasonal wreath.



Put Velcro on a piece of felt or fabric, this is where you will embellish



I had these fabric scraps for festive flowers

Added ornament with our initial, spruced it up a bit

I think I like it.  

Stay tuned for some more great projects and Christmas crafts for Creating Christmas all this week.  Also don't forget to check out The Girl Creative who started it all!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE HOW PRACTICAL THIS IS!!! I'm a big fan of stuff you can use for multiple purposes, and velcro? Who would have thought!!! I'm a fellow co-host and I'm looking forward to all the lovely little projects I'll have on my to-do list by the end of the week. :) See you again super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath! So creative!!! I'm excited to follow your Christmas Creating Party!!! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to stop by for a visit and follow me, too!

    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of using velcro so you can change out the decor. So clever! I'm co-hosting and am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete