Monday, February 27, 2012

The NIGHT OWL Party


There she is! Owl P.J's and all!

Last week was my Princess Cupcake's 7th birthday party, "Night-Owl" themed!  It was so much fun!  There were 16 girls in their pajama's running around here; what more can a 7-year old princess ask for?

I love working with themes!  When it all comes together, after a few bumps in the road, I am giddy and filled with excitement.

The Details
     Theme: Night Owl Pajama
     Color Scheme: Pink and Blue
Activities: -Decorate and embellish Clipboard
-Pizza and Izze's
-Watch movie (Another Cinderella Story) & Popcorn
-Cake and Gift Opening
Favors: Clipboard, Owl Calendar & Felt Owl Clip


Here are some great photos that my Mom took for me...thanks Mom!


Pink and Blue Owl Invites

 
Entry Way

Tree with Owl Clip Favors

Cute Owl frame displaying picture the Birthday Girl!

Owl Printable from Crystal's Craft Spot

Dining room turned craft room

All set and ready to decorate


So-Ugly-It's-Cute owl

I fell in love with this owl at first sight!

Ice breaker

Clip boards done, onto pizza

One of our guests clipboards

Another cute clipboard

MOVIE TIME!

Owls just waiting to be filled with popcorn

Owl Popcorn Bags

Happy Birthday!

The embellished clipboard and owl calendar was inspired when I saw this free printable owl calendar.  I loved it but didn't want to print it out here at home, so I sent the file to my local printer and they took care of it for me.  The clipboards we found at the Dollar Tree.  The girls loved the whole craftiness to making their clipboards their own and they turned out so cute!

The felt owl clips I made after I saw this tutorial over at Less-Than-Perfect Life of Bliss.  They took me a lot longer than I had planned, but in the end I think it was totally worth it!  They turned out so amazing and the girls LOVED them!

The owl popcorn bags were quick and easy to make.  I just cut the top off the brown paper bag, added circles for eyes that I cut out with my Cricket, and a triangle for the nose.  They were definitely worth making! 

The owl cake turned out...well let's just say it didn't really turn out as well as I had hoped for.  It made me wish I would have made my own, but I was running short on time.  The guests didn't seem to mind, they ate them anyway:-)

I had my Mom, my daughter's God Mother and her daughter, and a family friend to help me during party.  I was thrilled to have them and they were so much help!

Me and my 16-year old helper in our footie P.J.'s
At the end of the night, I was happy with the way everything had turned out and the Birthday Girl was all smiles.  A SUCCESS!

Have a wonderful week!



32 comments:

  1. My daughter Natalie just had a birthday last week as well -- she turned three...I can't wait until she's old enough to have parties like this. Reading about it makes me very excited! ...it doesn't hurt that I love owls too ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I would love for you to Link up at my Linky party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable party!

    http://seesewandseedlings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome party, thanks for sharing! I just love Owl themes, I did a valentines day party for my kids with "owl love you" theme!
    www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! i love owls and everything is so perfect! What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh love this! such a cute idea! from a fellow night owl... ;)

    kimberly
    anightowlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea- This is fantastic! I want this for my birthday craft stations and all. What a fun mama u r...
    Lina
    FancyFrugalLife

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great party!! we love parties....come share if you'd like. My linky party runs from Tues-Frid :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOOOO SWEET! thank you for sharing with us at Uncommon!

    Bonnie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the super sweet comments, Ladies! It is awesome hearing hearing from you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME! I love the pillow den (cozy <3) and the night owl tree so much. Congratulations on your creativity, I'm your newest fan and follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pleased to know about this night owl party. I am trying to find an exquisite Chicago event space and searched on internet. Came to know about some lovely venues and looking forward to book perfect venue for this occasion.

    ReplyDelete