Friday, December 9, 2011

Creating Christmas- Day 6: Felt Poinsettia





Welcome to Modern yet Old-Fashioned, my little blog world!   I have been busy this week co-hosting Creating Christmas with the Girl Creative.   We are on day 6 out of 7, ending tomorrow with a fun linky party!

Today, I had a couple of crafts on my to-do list.  The first one didn't work out as well as I had envisioned and I was totally bummed about it.  So, I started on another one...paper cone Christmas trees.  That was yet another flop!  At this point I consulted my "favorites: to-make" list and went to town.  I chose to make a felt poinsettia flower broach for my purse.  It would also be a great addition to the wrapping of a Christmas gift.
I had seen a a tutorial on Centsational Girl, which I used as a guideline.  I think it looks adorable!



It turned out a little bit larger than I had intended, but I actually prefer it that way.  I mean, why put your sweat and tears into something small that nobody but you will notice?  OK, well probably not sweat or tears!!  But I still like it just the same.

Have a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment: