Monday, November 14, 2011

Hot Cocoa and Wedding Favors

Well Hello Again!

It has been a little bit since my last post!  Longer than I intended, that is for sure.  We have been very busy preparing for and attending my sister's wedding. 

As promised, here are the wedding favors that I made for her. 

Aren't they so adorable!?!  My sister got the idea from this post on Inspired Bride.

They were pretty time consuming, but overall were a huge hit, making the effort totally worth it.  Personally, I think that someone could give these for small Christmas gifts.  For neighbors, teachers, coaches, etc.  Or even a favor for a Christmas Dinner Party.

Needless to say, making these favors drove my hubby and me to drink!  Hot Cocoa, that is!  If you're in the mood for a nice cup of cocoa, you have to try this recipe that I used to fill the tubes.  It really couldn't be any easier!

Hot Cocoa

1 cup milk, warmed
1 1/2 Tbls Cocoa Powder (I used Ghirardelli)
1 1/2 Tbls Sugar
Splash of Vanilla Extract (optional)

Mix cocoa powder and sugar.  Stir into hot milk.  Add vanilla, if desired.  Stir.  Enjoy.


See?  Easy, right?  Sometimes the simpler, the better!

Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Especially as since it is tied into "warmest thanks." I really like the edible party favors especially after years of giving and receiving useless (but cute) trinkets. The favor at my bridal shower was a 4 inch glass flower! What did people do with them?

    It's such a coincidence that you posted about a wedding favor because I am writing a post about a shower favor. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete